Sixteen Things About Me
This meme inspired by Brene Brown over at Ordinary Courage–hey, Brene!
1. I love Victorian hair jewelry and hair wreaths. I don’t own any, though, because the mere idea of such a thing makes my whole family gag.
2. I have been admitted to 2 nursing programs (Case Western Reserve and Lewis Clark State College) since I got my Ph.D. in English, and I chose not to enroll both times. (I sometimes regret that decision, given the nursing shortage.)
3. I am the designated spider killer in our house, since Joan is afraid of them and I am not.
4. I walk in my sleep when I’m stressed.
5. I read at least 250 pages a day, every single day, not counting internet, cereal boxes, shampoo bottles, and mail.
6. I love high heels, but I can’t wear them any more, since I broke my ankle.
7. I’ve been obsessed with Little Nemo since I was 13 years old.
9. When I was in college, my hair was so long I could sit on it. I think that’s gross now.
10. I am deathly afraid of mice.
11. My first car was a bright red Mazda truck.
12. I have owned as many as 15 red lipsticks at a time, but I’m down to a highly-restrained three at the moment.
13. I love to go grocery shopping.
14. I hated being pregnant, although I loved having babies.
15. I have a table full of scented geraniums, angel wing begonias, aloe vera, and alpine wild strawberries in my kitchen.
16. I have one-third of a novel completed, and I have a sinking feeling that I’ll never finish it.
Now you do it, and surprise me.